The Rose and The Thorn

Saturday 11 January 2014






Cropped Jumper - Primark Denim Skirt - Zara (similar hereChelsea Boots - Topshop

This week was the first week back at college after a rather needed two week break and I am feeling slightly down about all the Christmas and New Years festivities being over, but (because there is always a silver lining) at least the goodies I managed to grab from the January sales have cheered me up a bit. My new year's resolution is to stay upbeat and positive about more things, more of the time as I can be a bit of a moaning myrtle sometimes, nice Harry Potter reference there.

I received a voucher from my Mum this Christmas for a local shopping centre so obviously I hit the shops as soon as possible and pretty much bought all of what I am wearing above apart from the tights and socks. I snapped up this cropped jumper from Primark at just £14, which I know some of you may say "Hey £14 for Primark is expensive", but the quality is really good and with the cute embroidered style roses I really couldn't resist. I paired it with this denim skirt which I thought closely resembled the American Apparel style skirts but for half the price in the Zara sale, I couldn't manage to find this online but it may still be in stores if you pop in.
For a while I've been looking for some flatter shoes to wear aside from the chunky boots because as nice as they are, my tootsies need a bit of a rest sometime. My local Topshop had these 'vintage' chelsea boots in the sale for £50 but as they don't seem to be reduced in price online you may need to go into store if you want to pick up a bargain. The boots have a lovely washed leather looked and I tried to get some good pictures of them with my camera but I couldn't manage to do them any justice, which leads me onto the next thing I will ramble on about...

For my birthday last year I received the camera that all my outfit posts are taken on and recently due to trying to be 'a better blogger' and just generally make my life more positive I decided to invest in a 50mm lens for my DSLR. Hopefully the new lens will increase the picture quality throughout my blog and I'll be able to start reintroducing outfit posts that are photographed outside, I also want to start doing more lifestyle blog posts of places I visit etc., however my life isn't the most interesting at the moment due to college so no promises on this front but I really hope it happens.

I'm off to search for a curry recipe to whip up for tonights dinner.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.
Ellie x

5 comments:

  1. i love the turtleneck, the flowers are so great! i have a 50 mm lens and it definitely a great investment, i recommend looking into buying one {they're cheap too} xx

    Little Blue Backpack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just saw this comment and I've actually bought a 50mm lens and agree with you, definitely worth the buy x

      Delete
  2. Love the way you've styled this jumper. I really wanted to buy it but I hate cropped jumpers (aren't jumpers supposed to be warm?!) so I like the way you've worn it with a high-waist skirt. Looks lovely.
    x
    http://bonjourgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
© MAYFLOWER Maira Gall.