Blue Genes

Thursday 10 April 2014

Shirt - Topshop (similar here or here) ● Jeans - Topshop ● Belt - New Look ● Loafers - Office ● 
Socks - Asos (similar here) ● Necklace - Topshop (similar here)

Spring is most definitely in full bloom now and all the nostalgic Summer memories are flooding back and apparently making me want to dress in fully clad blue (with the slightest flashes of black of course) just one step away from being a Smurf but hey I think it works.

Now lets talk about that infamous Topshop sale that makes me spend all my money but also gains me some of my favourite pieces such as this teal blouse with the most perfect embroidery and detailing. This has to be my favourite piece I picked up in the sale as, as I have said around a million times before, I am a huge sucker for a collar and this one is me to a tee. The shirt itself reminds me of something you would pick up in a vintage shop and you may be asking 'why don't you just go actual vintage shopping' and that would be because the place I live has little to none vintage shops and I've stepped inside a few of the charity shops looking for some gems with no success, so I keep the vintage shopping until I get to London and pretty much go crazy. Back onto the subject; I just think this blouse is the perfect floaty Spring/Summer shirt and I'm so glad I managed to pick it up.
The necklace was also bought in the Topshop sale and recently I picked up a few different pairs of socks to style with outfits as I think that a good pair of socks, no matter a little an item they may seem, really do add something to an outfit. These ones were bought from Asos and it seems I am already well on the way to breaking them after one wear, all in the name of fashion I say (my mum doesn't).

●●●●●●

On a side note; check out the picture at the end of the post if you want to get into the Spring spirit a bit more, (my boyfriend took it and he's proud).
Hope you like the post and are enjoying Spring.
Ellie x












2 comments:

  1. wah i'm in love!" you suit mom jeans so so weell
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
© MAYFLOWER Maira Gall.